#MATTEobsession - MAC Retro Matte Liquid 0
We are on a mission to score the best matte lip and are documenting every step. Our next test came from a consistent friend in beauty - MAC. Jumping on the liquid matte bandwagon, MAC did not want to be outdone. The verdict?
We tried two shades, High Drama for a deep dramatic berry look and Fuchsia Flicker for a bright look for spring.
- Goes liquid to matte so make sure to let dry before putting those lips on everything. This one takes a bit of time
- Be prepped with a great makeup remover/wipes for your lips. We prefer Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Wipes with Cotton Extract or Simple Cleansing Micellar Water, some cleanup and touch up might be needed for a very slight touch of bleed.
-Highly staining! Be careful with the darker tones!
- The liquid is a touch thinner, so you will need more layers
All Day Test: Tested: Workday (6 hours) Reapplied: 1x
Our rating: #### out of 5
#MATTEobsession - Avon's mark. Lipclick Matte 0
We are on a mission to score the best matte lip and are documenting every step. This is our first installment in the #MATTEobesssion saga, and officially our first beauty review on the blog!
Avon is usually not on our radars, but we wanted something simple for our *first* review. Needless to say, we were pretty happy with our choice of super pinkie Starlet. We loved the brightness and depth of pigment, and although this is not an indestructible lipstick the pigment does dig in deep (get your makeup wipes ready) we don't mind a lip that needs mild reapplication.
- This is a powerful pigment - it stains powerfully.
- Matte's cake, don't mush your lips too much!
- Avon really needs to add more color options.
All Day Test: Tested: Workday (9 hours) Reapplied: 3x
Our rating: ###½ out of 5
Recommended pencil - Talking Points by MAC. We use it all over our lip as a solid color base and to prolong wear of our lipcolor
We are counting down to #2017 on Instagram with our favorite looks for celebrating New Years Eve via our favorite style bloggers on Lookbook.nu or @lookbook . Our favorite styles are featured below: