#EMPOWERMENT - About How We Give 0
When we launched our accessories boutique and made our motto, we knew the value of giving and empowerment was a necessary message to weave into everything we did. We continue to donate a portion of all sales forever to our favorite organizations. We support the following charities to enable strong, independent women around the world and their families. We are also focused on bringing in brands that are focused on charitable causes, artisan living wage support and artisan empowerment.
We are most focused on empowerment and human rights however we are always looking for other powerful organizations to support. Please take a moment to visit our favorite charities and share with us your favorite charities! When you spoil yourself verucastyle, know you are also helping us help others (See? There's nothing wrong with being spoiled!).
Have you visited our list of favorite charitable organizations below?
Charity is one step in many for helping us build a better community, building unity. There are many other ways we can help communities around the world. Visit one of our favorite websites, Amy Poehler's Smart Girls, and browse through their #TAKEACTION page.
We love "Positive Change"
WE ENTHUSIASTICALLY SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS including local and national charities.
#MATTEobsession - MAC Retro Matte Liquid 0
We are on a mission to score the best matte lip and are documenting every step. Our next test came from a consistent friend in beauty - MAC. Jumping on the liquid matte bandwagon, MAC did not want to be outdone. The verdict?
We tried two shades, High Drama for a deep dramatic berry look and Fuchsia Flicker for a bright look for spring.
- Goes liquid to matte so make sure to let dry before putting those lips on everything. This one takes a bit of time
- Be prepped with a great makeup remover/wipes for your lips. We prefer Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Wipes with Cotton Extract or Simple Cleansing Micellar Water, some cleanup and touch up might be needed for a very slight touch of bleed.
-Highly staining! Be careful with the darker tones!
- The liquid is a touch thinner, so you will need more layers
All Day Test: Tested: Workday (6 hours) Reapplied: 1x
Our rating: #### out of 5
#MATTEobsession - Lime Crime Velvetines 2
We are on a mission to score the best matte lip and are documenting every step. Our next discovery came by way of Urban Outfitters, which now carries Lime Crime makeup!
Somewhat of an accidental find, we are impressed with many things we found, including their Velvetines liquid to matte lipstick. The wand provides perfect coverage and the liquid goes on smoothly without feathering. NO FEATHERING! It has true staying power but can stain if it is not allowed to dry fully (which only takes a minute). It has a true matte velvet finish, rich color yet does not dry out the lip. Pencil not required except for shaping. And, totally our own personal thing but we are incredibly obsessed with products that smell DELICIOUS.
- Goes liquid to matte so make sure to let dry before putting those lips on everything.
- Be prepped with a great makeup remover/wipes for your lips. We prefer Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Wipes with Cotton Extract or Simple Cleansing Micellar Water
- Come on URBAN, carry more colors!
All Day Test: Tested: Workday (9 hours) Reapplied: barely 1x
Our rating: ##### out of 5